Friday, May 2, 2008

What Will They Think Of Next?: Power More Gadgets in the Car



My boss brought to my attention a neat gadget mentioned in today's edition of the National Post, and the first thing that came to my mind was "that's neat - why on earth didn't I think of that?" It's a 12V adapter from a company called Maxsa that plugs into the 12V socket in your car, and has three 12V outlets attached to the end of it. This means that, rather than only being able to connect one device in the car, you can now connect 3!

You might ask yourself why you'd ever need to do that, but I've found myself in situations many times where I could have used something like this. The most common instance is when both myself and my passenger want to recharge a cell phone during a long road trip. Other times, I'll be using my portable GPS unit to navigate to a destination (plugged in, since I always forget to charge it up!), and my partner will want to unplug it so he can charge his cell. When it comes to parents, I can imagine that there are tons of ways they could find such a gadget useful to help entertain the kids on long drives. It comes with a 16-foot extension to reach to the backseat; and can handle a maximum load of 120-watts.

Of course, many of the latest vans and trucks come with extra outlets in the back anyway. But for small car owners like myself, I'd love to have something like this in my glove compartment.

[Photo courtesy of www.maxsainnovations.com]


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is nothing new, they have been available at stores selling sutomotive parts and accessories for years. I'm from Canada and at Canadian Tire, similar type of store to Wal-Mart on a smaller scale and focusing on auto, where I worked 5-6 years ago, they stocked these even back then and probably for much cheaper. i think they had adapters to split to 2-4 sockets in varying styles for as little as $10.